Please note that as we are currently finalising preparations for this event we will be unable to accept any further emails.On behalf of everyone involved in the 2009 BMX World Championships we'd like to thank all of the people who have sent in their questions. We look forward to seeing you all the event.
Your Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are the riders required to buy tickets or is it just the spectators?
All riders will receive entry to all the sessions during the championships as part of their entry. Spectators are only required to purchase tickets
2. What is the address of the venue for the 2009 BMX World Championships?
The 2009 BMX World Championships are being held at the Adelaide Showground; which is located off Rose Terrace, Adelaide
3. On the website there are hotels mentioned, how far it is to the track?
To get to the track from the Oaks hotels we've listed takes about 10 minutes by car.
1. Can you please confirm there will be parking available at the Adelaide Showground for the BMX Worlds?
Yes, the venue has parking for 500 cars. There is no parking fees however please remember that as far as parking is concerned that it will be a case of first come first served
2. Can you please send me the application link for the riders for the 2009 BMX World Championships?
Please note that entry to this event is through the riders National Federation. For example all Australian riders will go through BMX Australia to enter. New Zealand riders will through Bike NZ. In otherwords your first point of contact regarding entry into the event will be the National BMX or Cycling Federation.
1. How do I go about obtaining photography and media accreditation for the 2009 BMX World Championships?
To obtain photographic/media accreditation for the 2009 BMX World Championships you will need to contact the UCI. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details as to how you can go about obtaining the accreditation.
1. Can you please advise on IF and/or WHEN there will be a warm up event prior to the World BMX Championships?
BMX Australia has recently been informed by UCI that a warm up event will not be allowed on the World Championship track at the Adelaide Showground.
1.Could you please tell me what type of seating is going to be available for the spectators? Is it individual seating or bench type seating, hard plastic that may require cushions or any other type? Is it pre-booked seating or first come-best seat?
The seating will be individual plastic seats not benches as they have been in the past. It will be first come first serve as there is no numbering system.
1. Do we have to nominate for this event?
All event entries for the Worlds must be done through the National Cycling Federation. For example; Australian riders would need to contact BMX Australia.
2. My family and I will be travelling from the US to Adelaide; Can you please advise registration and practice dates?
Registration in Australia will be done by the USA team manager. The team manager will advise you when you can register with him/her.
1. I need to get my Australian visa, and one of the required documents its a letter of invitation from the event.
For all visa related enquiries please email email@example.com with 'Visa enquiry for the Worlds' in the subject line
2. We have a 11 year-old student who is going to stay and study in Adelaide from July this year. He enjoys BMX in Japan and wondering if there is any place he could go and enjoy BMX in Adelaide?
The public BMX site is at the corner of Greenhill Road and Peacock St on the edge of the City. Clubs email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Are there going to be event t-shirts available for purchase?
Yes we will have t-shirts and much more, Hoodies, jackets, caps a variety of t shirts on site all good designs and youth orientated. More details will be announced shortly.
1. Are the girls/women's Cruiser classes are going to have the same age categories as the boys/men?
Yes, all cruiser classes both men and women have the same age categories. Refer to www.uci.ch bmx rule book. This information is available from your home cycling federation.
1. Will we be allowed to bring our own food and drink into the venue?
The Adelaide Showground will have their own catering services available through out the event. We discourage people from bringing in their own unless it is special food for one of the riders.
1. On the Tuesday and Wednesday which are country practice times, do we have to pay to go in with our children who are racing or is it free entry on those days. Also can we pre order tickets or are they just for sale on the day?
Your national cycling federation are the best people to advise you on when your countries practice times. Practice days are free for parents to go into the race hall. Unfortunately tickets can not be pre booked, all tickets will however go on sale from Tuesday July 21, 2009 at the Showground box office.
1. Can parents/gaurdians of spockets and other junior classes need to buy tickets, or do they get some tickets supplied as they cant be left on their own? I have had this question posed to me by several families of sprockets who feel it is a unfair to have the whole family pay to watch their little rockets race.
The event is the UCI BMX World Championships, therefore it isrun by UCI and as such there are no such thing as sprocket categories. There are age categories and all riders of any age will not have parent support in the warm up area, bike storage area or staging. BMX Australia will have a team manager and 5 assistants who will work with riders from bike storage to staging.and then back from races to ride again. As a parent/guardian you will have to leave your rider at the entry area to the warm up and bike storage. Team managers will do the job from there. Please read the latest information brief on www.bmxaustralia.com.au regarding theserequirements. Please attend rider briefings as per the information on BMX Australia website.
The venue is a commercial venue and as such is rented at a considerably large cost and seating for 3600 people has to be constructed again at a large cost. The only way these costs can be recouped is by a entrance fee to allspectators family or otherwise.Therefore there are no tickets provided other than the one a rider has (wrist band) which enables him or her to go to every session from Thursday to Sunday.
Please note that you should provide your rider fluid and food to take into the bike storage hall on the day of racing . There is an entrance for riders to and from the bike storage hall to the food atrium so you can meet up with them during the day.
1. Are the entry tickets available at other locations than the showground or can the tickets be purchased prior to the days event?
Tickets can be purchased for individual days or as a package for the 4 days. The event 4 day package is really a discount. So if you want to attend Thursday then you can purchase your ticket from Tuesday 21 July. The only location for the purchase of tickets is the Adelaide Showground ticket box office from Rose Terrace.
1. Is there an international list of riders participating in the 2009 UCI BMX World Championships?
Entry lists are available through the UCI website for the challenge classes. To view visit http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI5/layout.asp?MenuId=MTI2MDI&LangId=1
1. Where is the BMX Convention/Exhibition taking place in Adelaide? & Where is the closest hotel in the area?
Congress is at the Showground. For all accomodation needs whilst you are in Adelaide please refer to the accomodation page on our website.
1. Just checking about pre events as there is nothing on the latest news site about this.Also is there a family ticket at all as I have 3 other children not competing?
For any pre-Worlds events please visit the SABMXA website http://sabmxa.bmxa.com.au/. All ticketing information is currently available on the ticketing information page. My suggestion would be to purchase the 4 day event pass as this is without a doubt the most cost effective way of ensuring you and your family members don't miss a moment of the action.
2. Could you please advise any shuttle buses between major hotels in CBD and Showground are available or not?
To ascertain the best options if you are using public transport please visit the transport info line website at www.131500.com.au